Wednesday, December 30, 2015

In the beginning, there were naked cupcakes...

While normal people prepare for bed, turn on their reading lamps or even turn off their bedroom lights, this seems to be just about the time when my internal clock says "Lets bake!" I don't know why, but I've always been a notoriously motivated night owl. 

For me, there is something peaceful and creative about the night. For my husband and neighbors, I'm sure it translates into obnoxiously inconvenient sound but I always try to do my best to keep it on the down low. 

Tonight, I felt inspired. What if I made some cupcakes? I've been doing some thinking, exploring my baking interests and in doing so, I've been on a bit of a baking spree. 

Tonight's confectionery experiment: 
Chocolate Ganache Blackberry Cupcakes 

Oh the thrill! 

Though my adventure in baking did not turn out quite the way I imagined, I decided it will have to do for now. My blood pressure may have risen once or twice and I may have inserted a few curse words here or there, sorry mom but in the end, I got the cupcakes baked and they turned out beautifully. 

Unfortunately, that is also where my story of this particular midnight bake off ends for the evening. Turns out my fridge does not have a heavy whipping cream dispenser in the door, much to my dismay. 

So with extreme annoyance and regret, my decorating will have to wait until the morning. At that time, I will venture forth to the local grocery store and buy every last carton of heavy whipping cream they have, just to make sure I remain appropriately stocked (I will probably only purchase one). But in the mean time, please enjoy this single picture of my beautifully naked, chocolaty cupcakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment